This website is operated by CHRIST CHURCH EWELL.
The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
Who we are
- who we are;
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
- your rights in relation to your personal information; and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
CHRIST CHURCH EWELL ('we' or 'us') collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a 'controller' of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.The personal information we collect and usea. Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Name (or name that you give us), email address, telephone number (if you choose to give it), home address (if you choose to give it)
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
during an email dialogue or phone callb. Sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal information includes any information which relates to the following:
We may request that you provide sensitive information, but if we do, we will in every instance explain why we are requesting it and how we intent to use it. We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Some examples of when we may request sensitive personal information include:
religious beliefs arising via an email discussion about faith onlinec. Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
d. Monitoring and recording communications
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf;
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their sensitive personal data.
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
quality of communication with you and our compliance of data protectionHow we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
to identify the user and manage communication with them for the purposes of dealing with enquiries they have sent usWho your information may be shared with
We may share your information withlaw enforcement agences in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will not share you personal information with any other 3rd parties.Marketing
We may like to send you information about some of our events or activities as a church which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or what’s app message.
If we ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages it will be during the course of an online conversation with you and will only be with your consent. If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see 'What rights do you have?' below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.Required personal information
No personal information has to be provided by you to us at any time.How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
Name, email address, phone number, house address - 2 years or less
These periods will be no longer than necessary in each case.Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
The basis upon which we process your sensitive information (i.e. special category as defined in the GDPR) is:
(1). the explicit consent of users;
(2). that we are a non-for-profit organisation and the processing of this sensitive information is undertaken in the course of our legitimate activities and is not disclosed to any third-parties without the consent of the data subject.Consequence of our use of your personal information
The consequence to you of our use of your personal information is:
This will be simply to communicate with you about your request or enquiry. We may ask you if you wish to receive any emails or texts or whats app messages about events we put on - but only with your consentKeeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.Children / Teenagers and the validity of consent
Where we obtain consent from any user we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is 18 years of age or over. If the user is under 18 years of age we will advise that such communication / requests be referred back to parent/guardians or relevant / appropriate authority as we will not be able to continue communicating.What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individual's rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
Post:Christ Church Ewell